New house.

on Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yes...it has been a while. But I have a good excuse! My posts have been eaten by a cyber dog! Ok. So there is no excuse for my tardiness and lack of updates. Even though our main computer was packed up for a while during the move, I guess I could have written on the blog using the web browser on my flip cell phone. I will now hang my head in shame.
We have moved! "Where to?" you ask. We've moved about 10 miles from where we lived before. I would tell you the city but the ever lurking identity snatchers might find me and steal all the flowers from my front porch, so send me an email and I'll tell all. We moved to a place that is considerably larger, closer to work, and has more land (3/4 acre vs 5/8 acre. Woohoo!!) "Where are some non-location specific pictures?" you cautiously ask. Well, for a strange reason, all batteries that cross the threshold of our dear abode seem to mysteriously perish and are left scattered on the floor. Could it be the many battery operated devices that our children have that require battery replacements every few minutes of use? Possibly. But I'm sticking to the theory that we live in a energy draining vortex. So, once I find some more batteries for our camera I'll be able to upload some pictures.
We do love the house. It was built in 1981 and has a 1981 feel to it. We're already looking at some major carpet, paint, kitchen, bathrooms, remodeling....or let me rephrase that.....Jenny is looking for me to do some major remodeling. :-D There is a lot of things that are dated in the place (Like hanging chain lights in the bathroom?) that we'd like to update. All in time I guess. Over all it is a great place. A few specs about the place. It is 4000 sqft with an all brick exterior, 6 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bath, a living room, den, 2 kitchens, laundry room, 2 fireplaces, mechanical room, dining area, 2 car garage, and, my favorite, a shop. Part of the basement is setup as an apartment with access from the garage(hence the 2nd kitchen) and we have renters there right now. It is on a very quite street which is a great change from the busy four way stop we were at before. We're happy.
Now we just need to pray that our dear government gets a person with half a bright idea to tell them to stop implementing these bad ideas or we might be moving in with everyone else in the shanty towns. But that is for another post.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a new post!! Woo-hoo! Well .. sort of a woo-hoo .. since there aren't any pictures. I definitely want to see all those 1981 looking bathrooms. =o)

6 bedrooms? Holy Moly! I can't wait to see your new mansion! Congrats you guys! That's so exciting.

Post a Comment